1917 Centenary REVOLUTIONARY FESTIVAL
Celebrate, Reflect, Inspire
1917. Russian Revolution. Workers took power and began to establish a new socialist order, where capitalism was abolished and democratic, accountable councils took decisions.
The revolution challenged war, hunger, colonial domination and women’s oppression. Around the world, poverty-stricken people took heart. There was an explosion of new ideas for workers movements, liberation struggles and cultural innovation.
2017. One hundred years later, join Johannesburg’s Revolutionary Festival. Celebrate 1917, reflect on its impact, and inspire for the future. Our world is run by a tiny few, who create misery and destroy our globe. It’s time that we, the working-class majority, took charge, and organised society democratically, in the interests of all humanity.
Participate in Over 30 teach-ins and debates, book launches, rallies, stalls, revolutionary walk, exhibition, film festival, two cultural events with the Muffinz plus local DJs and poets.
Tickets are also available directly from any Pick and Pay and online from Webtickets. Due to the capacity of venues, tickets are limited. To avoid disappointment, please obtain your ticket in advance.
- Student bookings require student number and presentation of student ID card at registration desk.
- Tickets will be exchanged for entry pass at registration desk.
- Tickets cover meetings, film festival, cultural evenings and all other events.
- Tickets can also be purchased at selected Pick n Pay stores. See list.
- Payments can be made to 1917 Centenary Organizing Committee, FNB Melville, account: 62726897541, branch code: 256505.
- Supporters outside South Africa can use SWIFT, code FIRNZAJJ, and address to: FNB, Shop F04 Campus Square, Aucklandpark, Johannesburg 2092.
- Buy a R1000 Solidarity Ticket using a credit card.
- See Inequality and Solidarity for motivation.
Media inquiries, please contact Rehad Desai – 083 997 9204